Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Early to Rise

Yesterday I got up before 5 am, and I stayed up. Most days I am up around 4 to feed Annie. Then we both go back to sleep for two more hours. Or until Cooper gets woken up by the blasted birds that have made their home in our roof. But yesterday, I stayed up and it made a BIG difference in the quality of my day. I felt much more prepared, calm, happy, just better. Here are some of the things I was able to do, that I don't usually do:
  • Say bye to Al when he leaves for his bike ride at 4:55.
  • Straighten the post-weekend mess of a house.
  • Do some of my Yoga video that I haven't done for 3 years.
  • Eat a healthy breakfast- healthy for me anyways, wheat chex with strawberries on top.

Having that extra hour before the kiddies woke helped me be a happier Mom, and much more fun. When Cooper said "Let's play.....it be fun!" like he always does, I happily joined him for an hour, instead of joining him for 5 minutes and then cutting out to do dishes once he got distracted. It was such a great day in general! So I am making a goal to wake up before the kids do as often as possible.

2 comments:

Iliana said...

I'm with you, I feel so much better when I get an early start and feel ahead of the game. I remember when you used to eat a pan full oatmeal every morning for breakfast (out of the pan). Moving on to wheat chex huh? Yum.

Amanda B. said...

Very true. The day does seem to go more smoothly when I get up early. Good reminder. Hope you had a good b-day!