Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Supporting Local Restaurant
Trader Joe's has a creamy Cilantro dressing that is the closest thing I have found to Cafe Rio's amazing dressing. I love Cafe Rio's dressing. I love the worker that always asked "What can I get for the lady?"...you know the one I'm talking about. I loved when Nacho was there to flirt with my husband. I love Cafe Rio. Only on the busiest nights when the line of people wove all the way to the pop machines and back around did I disappointedly leave unsatisfied. Recently we were talking about why it is such a phenomenon, why do people crave it so? My theory is that it brings back all the nostalgic feelings of going to school in Provo. It was an event to go to Cafe Rio, always a magical experience, especially when you get Dr. Pepper with your pork salad. I'm a little concerned about their business here in Mesa. It is rarely crowded. It needs regular patrons to stay strong and that is why I am making it a personal goal of mine to go more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love that guy... And what can i get for the lady? Didn't Nacho have a crush on Clark?
Well put, Ali. You keep Cafe Rio in business until we move back, ok. I'd be sorely disappointed if it closed down before I was able to step foot in the door. P.S. I love that guy too.
I love the Cafe Rio segment. I hate blogs, but I love Cafe Rio. Al and Ali, we will meet you there any day and any time!
Oh, Ali. I have the same concern. I go to Cafe Rio almost once a week and it's almost always dead. I didn't know if it was just because we eat early dinner almost like old people around 5 p.m. I don't know what I'd do without that restaurant!!
ali, I have been looking for that dressing at Trader Joes, and I cant find it. What is it called? Is it in the fresh salsa's in the refrigerated section or in the aisle with all the bottled dressings? Hope all is well, talk soon!
Post a Comment